Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Comida

Today was so great! I woke up this morning, went to Italian Coffee and worked on homework/journaled/read my bible for about four hours. Emily and I were talking about how we feel a little stagnant in our spanish and frustrated because we're not sure how to learn more and grow in our speaking abilities. It feels like we are both interacting with our senora's when we are around them, which is a great time to practice, but we want something deeper than that!

When I got home, my sweet seƱora had a friend over from the D.F. (Mexico City, Districto Federal). I thought she was just coming over in the morning but she ended up staying and eating comida with us!!! While mama Rosi was preparing the food, I got to talk to Irene about my time here and a few other things. Rosi must have told her that I did yoga the other morning, because she kept wanting to talk about yoga and how relaxing it is! She proceeded to ask me how long I have been speaking spanish, because she thought I spoke very well and had great pronunciation. WHICH was so encouraging!!!!! She was so fun and we talked about pretty much everything under the sun once Rosi and Roberto came outside to eat.

Once again, God shows his provision and answers my prayers right when I need to be encouraged.

ALSO, this morning I had a crazy God moment. I texted a verse to a few of my friends (one of which happened to be sitting accross the table from me at IC) via Whatsapp because I really wanted to encourage them on this tuesday morning. I wrote, "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the LORD? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are ALL THINGS. To him be the GLORY FOREVER! Amen." Romans 11:33-36
When Emily read the text she freaked out and said, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I JUST POSTED THAT EXACT PASSAGE TO MY BLOG!?!?!"
Needless to say, it was a super cool God thing that we would both read the same verse, find it encouraging, and post/write about it. So cool.

You could be praying that I would heal, because I have a cold and nasty cough and I'm super over it haha. I'm ready to be WELL! So please pray for quick healing, especially because we have an excursion this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment