Saturday, October 22, 2011

catchin you up

Friends! I am sorry that it's been a while since I've written you to alert you to all of the exciting things that are happening here in Queretaro! Last weekend my sweet parents and sister came to visit me. When I walked into their room it was pretty much unreal. It seemed like I hadn't seen them in forever! The best part was that my mom was wearing muy sweater... and apparently in the airport she said, "aww man, now Sarah's gonna know that I've been raiding her closet!" So classic I love it.
We went out to dinner with a few of the friends from the group, and then I spent the night with them in their hotel. I actually stayed with them every night because it would feel so weird to have them there and not be with them! Friday we hung out and adventured around the centro. I took them to my favorite museum and a few of the awesome churches around. We ate at the most beautiful restaurant, and sat and talked forever. Then we went to my house so they could meet my sweet mama mexicana! She had coffee and cookies all set up outside and we sat around, and I translated. It was super strange, but I did it! She took us to a few historic places in the city that she felt they needed to see, and then we went over to our directors house so my fam could meet the rest of the group. It was super fun to introduce them to everyone, and we ended up playing fishbowl in spanish which was an excelent way for them to see the personalities of the group!!
My senora had work Saturday, so she couldn't entertain us that day, which was totally fine. So we went to a bullfight instead... naturally haha. As we were walking into the stadium my mom looks over and says, "ohh hey look, there's a pyramid!". It was the pyramid that we went to for our art class earlier in the month, but it was so hilarious how nonchalantly it popped out of nowhere. Only in mexico. So we watched to bullfight, that was incredibly different that the other one we went to. It was more of a smalltown thing. There was this group of guys who lined up facing the bull, and ran at it one at a time, trying to grab it by the horns and ride it. Okay, i almost had a heart attack, as did everyone else in the stadium. It was terrifying. Then we went to a super gorgeous dinner on the patio of a restaurant overlooking this plaza. Sitting with my family and my closest friends here, feasting and enjoying the slow pace of the Saturday night was so epic. I absolutely loved having my family here to meet the friends that God has blessed me with here! The funniest thing about our dinner was that we ordered Mexican pizza. When the waiter brought the tray to our table I was incredibly shocked to see a shot of tequila sitting on it. Where on earth is that going? Either Lindsay's pasta, or our pizza. The man proceeds to light the shot on fire and pour it on our pizza. Strangest thing of my life.
The next morning we walked to my house from their hotel, so they could see my school, our favorite panaderia (bread shop) and the surroundings that make up my walk. Also, they were going to take home some of the gift stuff that I have already bought so we needed to pack it all up! My senora was sick that day, which was a huge bummer, but we got to wander around the centro again and then sat down to the most relaxing lunch! My dad and I ordered Arrachera which is this super delicious cut of steak. After we had taken an hour to eat our entre's we ordered coffee and dessert and sat for another hour. Then we walked around somemore, and that night met up with the friends at our favorite crepe shop. Finding Nemo was playing in the little kid room, which was perfect, and we all sat feasting on our nutella and strawberry, chocolate and banana crepes, talking about the coolest most encouraging stuff.
I realized how much I admire my parents this past weekend. I love how wise they are, and how they are so incredibly fun. Not to mention the fact that they are hilarious! My sweet sister is so amazing. When we played fishbowl she described 6 random people, some of whom were lady gaga (which she described as inappropriate, yes, that's great parenting) snoop dog (thanks brian) and harriet beecher stowe (that one she wrote herself). Needless to say, the girl is amazing. I am so blessed by my family and adore them to pieces! However, I did miss my brother tremendously. But I will see him in 44 short days! Praise the Lord for homeschooling! If it wasn't for that, they wouldn't have been able to visit! Great call parents. Love you guys so much!

Having them here was perfect timing. I was starting to feel kind of stagnant, like the next 8 weeks were a bother and weighing me down. I felt discouraged that I had so long to go. But my mom read her Jesus Calling, and of course it was perfectly applicable and encouraging. The verse was Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE THE RACE MARKED OUT FOR US. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the trone of God." 
This was exactly what I needed to be encouraged in! God has me here for another 6 weeks. It is a part of his perfect design that I am here for another month and a half to learn all that he has for me. He is not done revealing his character to me, so I remain here until he sees fit for me to leave. I am so excited to see how I continue to grow! Continue praying that I'll be present and soak it all up!

 Best Chile Relleno of his life with his beautiful wife 
 Just doesn't look right without one Mr. Bman
 Girlie love
 Still doesn't look the same without b
 YES! I just noticed the girls in the back of this picture. Nicely done. Photo bomb=success
 Crepes!!!!
My mommy whom I adore

No comments:

Post a Comment