Sunday, October 2, 2011

BEST WEEKEND EVER! that's for you P family :)

So, we went on our first adventure this weekend, and just got home a little bit ago. I wanted to write all of the things that came to mind about the places we went before they escape my brain or get overridden by our next trip which is thursday! But, I will take time to write stories about each place when my brain is more alert and I don't have homework to finish :)
in the meantime... here ya go!

Dolores Hidalgo
-pan dulce
-beautiful church
-the place where Hidalgo delivered the first grito in Mexico

San Miguel de Allende
-beautiful streets
-mexican buffet... 100% better than any buffet in the states. I ate chile relleno for you daddio!
-artesian market. Hey mom and dad, remember when I asked you to bring an extra suitcase when you come in two weeks? Ya, that is definitely going to be necessary. What can I say, CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!

Guanajuato
-MOST AMAZING CITY I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!
-500 year old mine
-the most incredibly hotel ever (dad, all I could think about was how much you would LOVE IT!)
-hugest staircase of all time infront of the university, where we naturally took group model shots :)
-delicious four course meal serenaded by violin and piano
-callejón del beso (to be explained in detail when I'm not falling asleep)
-more christmas presents
-underground streets
-colorful houses on the hillsides
-Jesus bamboozle ALL UP IN MY FACE last night/this morning on the rooftop of our hotel

We had the MOST UNBELIEVABLE group bonding this weekend! When you stick 15 people in a yellow bus with stadium seating, personal space evaporates! We absolutely DIED laughing pretty much the whole way from San Miguel to Guanajuato last night. We were listening to classic rock and a hilarious mix of songs from junior high, singing to the top of our lungs, and seeing who knew all of the words to Vanilla Ice and Baby Got Back. Needless to say, it was an unforgettable weekend!

I'll elaborate more later! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing your amazing times Sarah! This experience is so shaping you into the woman God intended you to be. It is so beautiful. Know that you are loved and thought of even in the crazy or quiet moments.


    “I will be a Father to you,

    and you will be my sons and daughters,

    says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18 NIV84)

    What a simple yet wonderful promise!!!

    ReplyDelete